Dr. Zaré’s practice sets itself apart in many ways, but perhaps what is most important to our patients is our clinical results. For example,
- In over 3,000 laparoscopic inguinal hernia repairs to date, our recurrence rate is less than 1% (compared to the national average of up to 5%) with no incidents of mesh-related infection, chronic nerve pain, or other significant complications; average recovery is 1-2 days.
- After more than a decade of providing bariatric surgical services with over 750 bariatric procedures, our practice has the rare distinction of having had no death or conversion from laparoscopic to open approach at any time! This is rare finding in our field and we work very hard to maintain our pristine record.
- In our bariatric series of over 750 operations, we have had no mortality and leak rate remains less than 0.2% (one patient, n>750).
- With the new procedure, Sleeve Gastrectomy, operative time averages 55 minutes, length of stay is 1.5 days, and malabsorption is no longer a long-term complication; we have eliminated surgical site infection and post-operative bleeding since 2013.
- Our robotic experience continues to grow with over 160 procedures to date. The robotic platform has been most useful in technically complex procedures such as colon resections and paraesophageal hiatal hernia repairs.
- Our length of stay for robotic colectomy is 3 days, and a laparoscopic cholecystectomy is now primarily an outpatient procedure.
Factors responsible for our success include superior surgical skills, a highly qualified team of providers and nurses, and use only of ‘Center of Excellence’ hospitals known for their superior quality and their latest technology and instrumentation.